Our client is currently looking for an Information Security analyst to join a fast paced and expanding organization in the financial sector. Reporting to the IT Director you will be responsible for establishing and coordinating information security governance, monitoring and enhancing security efforts.
As the Information Security Practitioner, you will be responsible for evaluating the existing IT Security operations, driving forward the Information Security operation based on local and group requirements and obligations.
You will also work closely with the IT team to identify relevant information security risks and keeping track of measures, to help protect against Information Security threats.
- Ensure that the Company's security policy is maintained in line with business requirements.
- Drive an evolution of the firm's IT security policies to maintain best practice when compared to both industry peers and stakeholder expectations
- Own the lifecycle of IT Security initiatives from inception and design through to completion and transition into business as usual. Track and demonstrate progress at all stages
- Act as subject matter expert on matters of security relating to legal and regulatory compliance
- Where necessary ensure that processes are documented and communicated in language that is relevant and understandable to all audiences.
- Deliver initiatives as needed and be in a position to demonstrate and track progress to stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate response to security incidents and breaches to ensure any impact is contained and relevant information obtained to facilitate analysis and improvement plans.
- Raise the profile of security within the organisation by being proactively involved with stakeholders and customers. Provide consultation and/or education as needed and drive the adoption of security as a value add / best practice.
- Ensure key documents that record permissions and exceptions are maintained for review for example third party connectivity.
- Facilitate the IT involvement in any external security audits.
- Manage the risk of unavailability of services by ensuring that Disaster Recovery and Business continuity planning are considered as part of implementation and change, and that constant review and testing takes place to ensure solutions are effective and meet requirements.
- Information Security / Cyber Security experience within a growing organisation.
- Experience with business continuity, risk management and incident management
- Proven track record of project management skills
- 3 years of information security experience
- Experience of delivering IT Security solutions
- Preferably two or more years of experience working with information security in a multi-office environment with cross-functional teams and enterprise programs
- Appropriate industry certifications, and experience with NIST and ISO standards is an advantage
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.