Our client, a global leader and Pioneer for nearly four decades within their market are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join their Cloud & Infrastructure team supporting their migration onto the cloud.
They're looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer with an in depth understanding of cloud services, mainly AWS. This opportunity will require and allow you to utilise your experience with overseeing infrastructure hosted by VMware, AWS and additional cloud platforms. The successful candidate will play a pivotal part in the adoption and transformation to the cloud, whilst supporting the migration to virtual machine in VSphere to AWS or additional cloud platforms. The versatility in this role will require experience working with project teams delivering engineering and operational support.
Required Knowledge and skills:
- Technical expertise in VMWare vSphere 6.x
- Expert technical expertise in Storage systems management - NetApp
- Experience engineering and managing fiber channel SAN environments
- Strong Linux infrastructure background and hands on exposure to Cloud and automation technologies.
- Automation experience leveraging tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt, or SCCM
- Professional scripting experience with languages such as PowerShell, Python, and BASH
- Vendor certifications from VMware, Red Hat, and NetApp are a plus
- A proficiency in Linux systems administration and server configuration (e.g. CentOS/RHEL)
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Ansible, CloudFormation or Chef
- ITIL Certifications - Foundation & Service Operations
- Knowledge / experience of GCP, Azure
- Server Capacity Management
- Any Cloud certifications
- Confluence / SharePoint
- Hyper-converged platforms such as Nutanix
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.