Blackthorn Trace have partnered with a start up MSSP based in Central London to recruit a new Threat Intelligence Analyst with an intelligence analysis background, with excellent soft skills in presenting and writing reports. The new Threat Intelligence Analyst will work as part of the Security Operations team to assist in building the Threat Intelligence capability by conducting individual research to identify cyber security threats; produce analytical products; and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities of the position
- Team leader within the Security Operations team focused on establishing and delivering a threat intelligence capability.
- Monitor threat and vulnerability news services for any relevant information that may impact infrastructure. Analyze reports to understand threat campaign(s) techniques, lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise (IOCs).
- Compiling and analyzing cyber threat information and making recommendations based on suspected or known context in order to draw insights and conclusions regarding its relative threat to our client, its Business Units, intellectual and physical property, and personnel.
- Conducting studies and making recommendations to identify cyber threats; threat vectors; threat actors; and threat trends.
- Identifying and developing threat signatures from all available sources.
- Manage and maintain threat indicators in the threat intelligence platform (TIP).
- Representing Security Operations at internal and external threat intelligence and cybersecurity forums.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Cyber security professional with solid experience in Threat Analysis and Security Operations.
- Good experience in Trending/Threat Analysis Report Writing.
- Certification in any of the following: (CISSP,GIAC,GCIH,GSEC ).
- In depth experience in intelligence analysis, to include open source research and analytical tradecraft. Knowledge of commercial threat intelligence services such as iSight ThreatScape, Anomali ThreatStream, and Recorded Future information sources.
- Knowledge of cyber threat actors, to including advanced persistent threats and associated tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Experience interfacing with government threat intelligence services.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.