Blackthorn Trace have partnered with a global leading financial services industry who are building a Cyber Threat team across the UK, US and Canada. With the financial services industry constantly under attack by sophisticated cyber adversaries that range from nation states to criminals. In response, my client is adding a Cyber Threat Center associate, charged with ensuring all equities are secure against all tiers of adversaries.
You will work within the central hub for Computer Operations and be on the front lines of security incident response, threat hunting, and intelligence. Hours - 6am – 2.30pm, 2 days per week from home.
- Act a senior member of the Cyber Threat Center who handles security events and incidents on a daily basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Acts as an Incident Handler who can handle minor and major security incidents within the defined Computer Security Incident Response process.
- Role embodies Cyber Network Defense and a successful Cyber Threat Analyst will be able to quickly analyze threats, understand risk, deploy effective countermeasures, make business critical incident response decisions, and work as part of a team of individuals dedicated to protecting the firm.
- Maintains situational awareness for cyber threats across the global firm and take action where necessary.
- Countermeasure deployment across various technologies.
- Malware and exploit analysis.
- Assessing alerts and notifications of event activity from intrusion detection systems and responding accordingly to the threat.
- Continuing content development of threat detection and prevention systems.
Experience and Skills
- Systems administrator experience in Linux, Unix, Windows or OSX operating systems.
- Knowledge of networking and the common network protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to create scripts, develop tools, or automate processes
- Knowledge of vulnerabilities and a comfort in manipulating exploit code for analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets and identify anomalies.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly create and deploy countermeasures under pressure.
- Familiarity with NIST framework for incident handling.
- Understand OSINT techniques.
- Experience leading and managing IR investigations.
One or more of the following certifications or the ability to obtain within 1 year:
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate
- SANS: GCIH – Incident Handler
- SANS: GCIA – Intrusion Analyst
- CREST: Certified Incident Manager