Blackthorn Trace have partnered with a world leading professional services firm to hire a Senior Cloud Architect. You will operate within the Architecture team comprising of Solutions, Database, Software Development and Data Architects. You will be responsible for designing, testing, documenting and supporting complex cloud enabled systems. The Cloud Architect will ensure the technical direction of applications and solutions both within and across infrastructure silos that are strongly aligned with the business strategy.
- Develop road maps describing evolution of infrastructure solutions from current to future state - often by establishing a good understanding of the business user and application specific requirements.
- Ensures solutions fit strategically in the overall infrastructure architecture and meet existing technology standards.
- Perform analysis of current environment to identify deficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Recommend solutions and collaborate with infrastructure engineers to develop processes to implement changes.
- Research and design new infrastructure technologies, architectures and processes.
- Provide detailed documentation on system designs, implementations and integrations.
- Work with stakeholders to establish governance, ensuring infrastructure architecture standards are implemented successfully.
- Ensures solutions are secure and aligned to appropriate internal InfoSec standards and market good practices.
- Be deeply integrated in the design of infrastructure application environments, assisting in alignment across all business units.
- Review and provide advice on high-level design decisions to ensure proper integration of new solutions.
- Experience with the following: Cloud Integration, Azure IaaS and Azure PaaS (experience of Oracle Cloud and AWS would be desirable)
- Experience in an infrastructure architecture role in areas like but not limited to hosting, storage, network, Hyper V, VMware, tools and application platforms
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate these into infrastructure architecture designs - working as part of the wider solution architecture community and as required operating in a client facing capacity.
- Experience working a part of a global team and achieving results through the combination of face-to-face working and remote working using a mix of telephony, video and collaboration tools.
- Experience in developing leading-edge technical solutions in Microsoft platform based on industry standards including Windows OS and MS SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience with cloud architecture modernizing the application infrastructure of a growing organization by proposing cloud solutions for improvement ensuring all systems and infrastructure are running optimally with high availability and quality.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.