We have partnered with a forward thinking global technology organisation who has adopted a cloud first approach to their Infrastructure and IT Services. This role will operate within an AWS DevOps environment and should be comfortable with Agile methodologies, ITIL framework, and possess experience in engineering, applications testing and CI/CD solutions in Linux and Windows.
The Cloud Engineer will ensure the reliability and scalability of global cloud infrastructure services running in multiple Cloud platforms and supporting applications and products, he/she will be also part of an existing cross-functional team
- Work closely with application and testing teams to ensure ongoing alignment towards the target architecture.
- Driving effectiveness, efficiency and continuous improvement through the use of automation and adoption of appropriate and approved tools.
- Translate business and technical requirements into automation tools and scripts.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
- Contribute to the success of building and maintaining a world-class cloud infrastructure, with key objectives in the areas utilisation, availability, capacity, scalability, performance and security management.
- Work with architecture teams to ensure effective designs and application of the cloud and hosting services.
- Identify and resolve problems with the services and support the resolution of problems in dependent services.
- Collaborate with and provide expertise/guidance to other teams inside and outside of the IT organisation, such as Networks and 3rd Party Vendors.
- Report any potential security weakness, exposure or suspicious indications to the Security Operations team.
- Ensure DevOps and automation is applied to facilitate an effective and efficient cloud environment for application.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience as a SysOps/Linux Systems Administrator and systems designer.
- Experience of design and implementation of infrastructure, applications and Cloud Solutions at enterprise level.
- Knowledge in implementing Monitoring and Logging platforms, as Prometheus, Grafana and ELK.
- Understanding of Hadoop.
- Experience in implementing PAM solutions.
- Strong Bind and DNS knowledge with design and implementation experience.
- Working knowledge of MySQL, MongoDB.
- Strong scripting and coding using Python, Ruby and Bash.
- Understanding of Cloud Services, such as Azure, AWS, Google, etc.
- Broad systems and infrastructure knowledge which could include CI tools, containerisation using Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift.
- Strong automation skills.
- Work in a cross functional DevOps team.
- Experience with Datacentre migration, Cloud migration, integration and consolidation efforts.
- Strong Linux infrastructure background and hands on exposure to Cloud and automation technologies.
To be considered for this position within this global company who are undergoing this global scale transformation, adopting Cloud First and DevOps First methodology and who are paying a very competitive package, get in touch before the deadline of Friday 18th.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.