Cloud software Engineer
Blackthorn Trace has partnered with a Global Software company, looking for someone to fit into their Cloud engineering team, the right candidate will have a strong background within developing, integrating and migrating both new and current solutions. The successful candidate will have a strong passion for technology, be open minded and have good technical skills to help solve and troubleshoot large scale Cloud deployments.
If you are interested and experienced in Cloud technologies then we would like to talk with you about being part of our team.
- Analyze requirements, design, document and create automated tests for production level code
- Assist in the agile planning activities by breaking down epics and providing estimates for stories and tasks
- Highly self-motivated, organized with excellent written and verbal communication
- Interface and work well with other engineering groups as part of day to day activities
- Code, review and maintain software for Cloud Services and applications of significant size and complexity
- Extend and improve test automation across functional and performance boundaries
- Solve production issues that need reproduction, root cause analysis, and coding
- A positive attitude towards teamwork, keen to share knowledge and collaborate effectively to achieve team goals
- A self-starter and quick learner having the ability to prioritise work from many sources and deal with distractions
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years software development experience
- Experienced in high level programming: e.g. Python, Java
- Knowledge of scripting languages: e.g. Perl, Bash
- Database knowledge and experience: e.g. MySQL
- Data storage and retrieval strategies including BigData project solutions
- Understanding of security concepts: encryption, secure application development, defensive programming, software vulnerabilities and exploits, general issues in web security
- Demonstrate experience developing and using RESTful API interfaces
- Public Cloud development and technology solution integration (AWS)
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies and networking concepts (HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP)
- Experience of operational monitoring tools: e.g. Datadog, Prometheus
- Development experience on a Linux/Unix platform
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and software pipelines
- Docker containers
- Experience as a team lead
- High availability concepts and disaster recovery
- Firewall administration and low level networking
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.