Our client a leading Cloud Hosting provider based in Hertfordshire are rapidly growing and looking for experienced Cloud Support Engineers to join their Operational team. You will work alongside VCP certified Engineers supporting a variety of clients managed cloud services hosted in data centres across the South East. This client is a big believer in personal development for their Engineers, you will get relevant courses fully paid for e.g. VCP or JNCIA.
- Your working day will be 9am-5pm five days a week.
- Our client is looking for both 1st and 2nd line Cloud Engineers
- The Cloud Engineers have overall responsibility for the delivery of technical projects, including delivery of new technical services and provisioning of customer services.
- You will also take an active role in delivery of the Service Desk where customers interact by phone, email and a web portal.
- This person is also an escalation point for technical issues arising from the 24/7 service desk.
- Manage and participate in problem management at 2nd/3rd line escalation.
- Be an authority for the change management process.
- Engage with 3rd party support suppliers to ensure OLA's that underpin customer SLA's are maintained.
- Ensure customer technical documentation is maintained.
- Manage scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Manage technical risks to customer platforms.
- Involvement in the planning and provisioning of new services.
- Prepare & present migration plans to senior staff
- Ensure the systems are running at peak performance levels and are maintaining a high level of availability.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Server or Linux OS
- Proven track record in delivering IT solutions within a Managed Service environment
- Experience delivering and building virtualised platforms
- Experience supporting shared storage infrastructure
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl, PHP, VBScript etc.)
- Experience supporting backup technologies
- Experience working with ITIL based service desk
- Experience with vCloud Director & vSphere
- VMware Certified
- Experience supporting databases (MS SQL server, MySQL, Oracle or other)
- Understanding of DoS/DDoS attacks and mitigation techniques
- Experience of supporting an enterprise monitoring and alerting platform
- Experience of designing and maintaining disaster recovery solutions
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.