Due to a record breaking 2018, our client, a global telecommunications organisation based in London are growing their Security Operations team.
As part of this network expansion they are looking for a Cyber Security Analysts to act as Incident Handlers and will conduct vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, networks, databases and web hosted services for potential system breaches. Report, investigate and resolve security incidents. Educate and communicate security requirements and procedures to all users and new employees.
- The post will require rotating 24X7 shift work to include daytime, night time, and weekend work
- Act as a first line security event analyst monitoring the SIEM tools. Monitor the alarm console; provide initial analysis of logs and network traffic.
- Provide first line telephone, e-mail and ticket routing services for security event notifications and incident response processes.
- Deliver first level investigation and remediation activities as a member of the Security Incident Response Team. Participate in SIRT events
- Participate in a Compliance/Vulnerability Assessment Scanning Capability.
- Develop mitigation and remediation plans as a result of the vulnerability assessment findings.
- Monitor threat and vulnerability news services for any relevant information that may impact installed infrastructure. Analyze reports to understand threat campaign techniques, lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise.
- Create and update security event investigation notes, conduct shift change reports on open cases, and maintain case data in the Incident Response Management platform.
Essential & Desirable Skills:
- Understanding of performing 1st line analysis and interpretation of information from SOC systems; incident identification/analysis, escalation procedures, and reduction of false-positives.
- GIAC, GCIH, GIAC , GCIA
- Intermediate knowledge of Information Security fundamentals, technologies, and design principals.
- Understanding or proven experience in securing Windows, Linux, Oracle and VM platforms.
- Understanding or proven experience of SIEM tools for analysing network and security incidents.
- Experience in Tenable Network Security Nessus, BeyondTrust Retina or similar Vulnerability Assessment scanner operations for identifying network and platform risks and mis-configurations.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.