My client is looking for a quick thinking and confident engineer to work on industry changing projects and for someone to work alongside the CSIRT to provide quick fixes to disrupt live attacks.
- Producing detailed designs for the build and configuration of cyber security solutions.
- Producing integration designs for operational security management systems.
- Developing new security technologies, and delivering them into operational environments.
- Producing delivery plans and cost models within a continuous development lifecycle.
- Conducting technology trials and proofs-of concepts.
- Developing security technology roadmaps and engineering standards.
- Working alongside the CSIRT
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a cyber security engineer role
- Experience with Java.
- Experience producing security system designs from a defined set of requirements; such as Identity Management and Key Management Systems.
- Managing technical requirements in waterfall and agile delivery.
- Installing and configuring virtualisation technologies.
- Ability to read and understand raw system data including security event logs, system logs, application logs, and device logs.
- A good knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including the technologies and protocols commonly used in local area and wide area networks.
- A good working knowledge of a variety of security technologies; such as cryptographics, host intrusion, network and application firewalls.
- A basic knowledge of common application and infrastructure architectures.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- BSc in Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering (min 2:1)
- Experience installing and configuring both Windows and Linux server operating systems, including ability to script in Bash and/or PowerShell.
- Experience working with Jenkins, Docker and Kebernetes in a CI Pipeline.
- CISSP, GPEN and CISM, CompTIA Network or CCNA.
- Security vendor certifications, such as Checkpoint, ArcSight, Fortinet and TrendMicro.
- Familiarity with security standards.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.