Blackthorn Trace have partnered with a global leading financial services industry who are building a Cyber Threat team across the UK, US and Canada. With the financial services industry constantly under attack by sophisticated cyber adversaries that range from nation states to criminals. In response, my client are creating a Cyber Threat Center charged with ensuring all equities are secure against all tiers of adversaries.
You will work within the central hub for Computer Operations and be on the front lines of security incident response, threat hunting, and intelligence. Hours - 5am - 2pm, 2 days per week from home.
- Act a senior member of the Cyber Threat Center who handles security events and incidents on a daily basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Acts as an Incident Handler who can handle minor and major security incidents within the defined Computer Security Incident Response process.
- Role embodies Cyber Network Defense and a successful Cyber Threat Analyst will be able to quickly analyze threats, understand risk, deploy effective countermeasures, make business critical incident response decisions, and work as part of a team of individuals dedicated to protecting the firm.
- Maintains situational awareness for cyber threats across the global firm and take action where necessary.
- Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Countermeasure deployment across various technologies.
- Malware and exploit analysis.
- Intrusion monitoring and response.
- Assessing alerts and notifications of event activity from intrusion detection systems and responding accordingly to the threat.
- Continuing content development of threat detection and prevention systems.
- Data analysis and threat research.
Experience and Skills
- Systems administrator experience in Linux, Unix, Windows or OSX operating systems.
- Knowledge of networking and the common network protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to create complex scripts, develop tools, or automate processes
- Knowledge of vulnerabilities and a comfort in manipulating exploit code for analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets and identify anomalies.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly create and deploy countermeasures under pressure.
- Familiarity with common infrastructure systems that can be used as enforcement points.
One or more of the following certifications or the ability to obtain within 1 year:
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate
- SANS: GCIH - Incident Handler
- SANS: GCIA - Intrusion Analyst
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.