Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist
We are working with a global FTSE 250 organisation who require an experienced CTI specialist to compliment an existing mature cyber security function. You will work alongside the SOC and have a Fusion Analyst supporting you with regards to collections.
This role is more strategic than it is technical, presenting threat reports to internal stakeholders and the SOC. You will also have an external responsibility to represent the organisation to particular bodies, including NCSC, MOD, ISAC etc.
Key responsibilities of the position
- This role is responsible for leading the operational, and strategic cyber threat intelligence function
- The role holder will be the cyber threat intelligence leader and subject matter expert for the company and will shape the implementation of intelligence-led cyber security decision making
- The role holder will define and lead a consistent enterprise wide implementation of the cyber intelligence operating model, frameworks, processes and tools
- The role holder will provide strategic cyber threat intelligence assessments to help shape the technology and cyber security strategies
- The role holder will leverage analysis of high-priority sophisticated threat actors' TTPs to improve detection and response capabilities
- The role holder will manage and develop the Threat Intelligence Platform to provide contextual intelligence to Cyber Defence analysts and platforms, automated sharing with external partners and automation of manual processes
- Collation, analysis and dissemination of information surrounding global threat actors
- Providing analysis and dissemination of threats from a wide range of intelligence sources (open sources, hacker forums, peer exchange forums, SIEM alerts, log files)
- Maintaining detailed threat profiles on adversaries of interest/relevance to the business and proactively identify and take action to protect against cyber threats
- Monitor threat and vulnerability news services for any relevant information that may impact the infrastructure. Analyse reports to understand threat campaign(s) techniques, lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise (IOCs)
- Producing, editing, and distributing a variety of concise and actionable threat analysis and warning products in written and presentation form to an audience that spans a range of customers from senior company executives to security analysts and system administrators
Qualifications Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science / Data Communication
- Cyber security professional with at least 5 years' experience in Threat Analysis and Security Operations
- Recognised technical security certifications such as, SANS, GCIH, GSEC, CREST,etc
- Advanced knowledge of global threats and conversant in developing a picture of the Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) used by cyber adversaries
- Law enforcement, intelligence, CTI or investigative background. Experience interfacing with government threat intelligence services
- In depth experience in intelligence analysis, to include open source research and analytical
- Good working knowledge of current affairs both political and security risks
- Ability to deliver technical intelligence to a non-technical audience
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.