We have an opportunity to work for a Cyber Security organisation making a true difference in the Cloud Security domain. If you are an experienced support engineer looking to work with cutting edge technology then this could be the perfect opportunity.
- Respond to customer cases in line with SLA's.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential problems in an effort to prevent them from occurring and improve the overall customer experience.
- Approach each case with a goal of ensuring products are performing at an optimal level by addressing any underlying or additional problems uncovered during each customer engagement.
- Gather logs, configuration details and attempt to reproduce the reported issues.
- Research the issue in the Knowledge Base, documentation and with your team members as needed.
- Recommend solutions to customers and follow through to resolution or escalate the case in a timely manner if no resolution can be found.
- Prioritize workload based on severity and impact to customer and demonstrate a sense of urgency when handling cases.
- Be accountable for customer escalations and drive them internally to a speedy resolution while ensuring that customers are kept fully informed of progress throughout the escalation.
- Document all interactions and case details within the customer tracking database, including a detailed description of the issue and any resolutions recommended.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling, case management and service entitlement verification.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Networking fundamentals (Layer 2 and 3, TCP/IP, 3-way handshake, DNS etc.)
- HTTP protocol (Structure, status codes, authentication, etc.)
- Application Support Basics (Common troubleshooting methodology for Windows and Linux programs)
- SSL/TLS protocols (Structure, certificates, initial handshake, etc.)
- Routing (WCCP, PBR, Load Balancer Fundamentals, etc.)
- PAC files basics (setup, download, basic PAC file commands, etc.)
- Packet Analysis with tcpdump and Wireshark
- Diagnosing network latency and intermittent issues
- Reading and analysing log files
- Active Directory (Domains, structure, permissions, group policies, etc.)
- MSSQL fundamentals (Management interface, accessing logs, browsing databases, simple queries, permissions, jobs, etc.)
- Information Security Concepts
- Experience supporting one of the following applications:
- Red Hat Linux fundamentals (command line navigation and basic features, file system, permissions, networking, etc.)
- Windows (Permissions, services, file system, Event Viewer, etc.)
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.