Blackthorn Trace is working with an independent energy regulator to find a DevOps Engineer to play a vital part in maintaining, running and supporting their Azure cloud based infrastructure. Their infrastructure is used for development and test operations in addition to developing and implementing a strategy to create an automated pipeline for the business critical schemes. This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate your knowledge in processes design, diagnostics improvements, automation and system development. Privacy and resilience and assurance of platform security will be your main concern.
- Collaborating with teams who are provisioning infrastructure in a DevOps environment.
- Ensure principles of privacy, security and resilience are assessed and designed into solutions.
- Design, build and maintain complex cloud based infrastructure and the relevant automated tooling.
- Operational management and support of cloud infrastructure.
- Maintenance and infrastructural support for a range of legacy applications.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- Work with developers to ensure services are appropriately configured for deployment, running and monitoring through an automated process.
- Work with developers to test, debug and troubleshoot application issues and problems within the cloud environments.
- Prioritise and deliver recommendations and improvements in response to infrastructure based incidents.
- Be creative and bring fresh ideas for designing new and user-friendly solutions.
- Advise on product architecture from a deployment perspective. DevOps Engineer (Infrastructure)
Specific skills and capabilities
- Excellent knowledge of the Azure infrastructure including:
- ARM Templates
- Azure AD (domain controllers)
- Virtual networking, NSG's, subnets, load balancers, proxy servers, VPNtunnelling
- Managing disks, storage accounts, resource groups
- Databases, High Availability sets
- Patching, backups, anti-malware
- Reserved instances
- Understanding of scripting tools (i.e. Powershell) that can assist in automation of key infrastructure tasks.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL/TLS, and Security API's.
- Strong experience using the Azure DevOps/TeamCity/Jenkins/TFS build management and CI server.
- Experience of using Git/bitbucket
- Experience supporting and maintaining a complex, multi-server, microservice driven environment.
- Implementation of security principles and best practise within a large public service organisation.
- Experience of migrating and upgrading servers.
- DevOps experience with Terraform.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.