Blackthorn Trace have partnered with a leading Cloud Managed Service Provider who due to rapid growth is looking for a talented Cloud Solution Engineer. Working alongside the Cloud Architects, you will implement complex cloud solutions to meet the business objectives of their Global customers. You will also work in conjunction the Cloud Solution Architects and Level 3 System Engineers in the Cloud Operations Team.
· Complex System Builds – You will work with the Cloud Solution Architects to build complex Microsoft-based cloud solutions incorporating all aspects of Azure IaaS and PaaS, Office 365 and Microsoft Windows Server and System Centre technologies.
· Cloud Build Documentation – As part of the Cloud Architecture Team, you will be responsible for documenting customer cloud solution builds including chosen configuration, IP ranges, server specifications and administrator and service account information.
· Cloud Solution Migration – You will also be responsible for planning and executing customer user account and data migrations to new cloud solutions you have built. Engaging with the Project Team and Cloud Solution Architects to determine the best technical approach to customer migration and planning timescales, milestones and go-live criteria.
· Operational Handover of Customer Clouds – Once built, and delivered, you will work with the Projects team to handover customer cloud environments to the Cloud Operations team who will take on the operational and day-to-day management of the customer cloud environment.
· Technical Escalation – As a senior engineer, you will act as a point of 4th line technical escalation for the Cloud Operations Team should issues arise that cannot be resolved by 3rd line engineering support.
Essential Technical Skills
Desirable Technical Skills
While not essential, it would be desirable if you have experience in at least one of the following areas:
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
We have an opportunity to work for a Cyber Security organisation making a true difference in the Cloud Security domain. If you are an experienced Lead Support Engineer looking to work with cutting edge technology then this could be the perfect opportunity. You will have come from a Service Provider background, thrive coaching junior engineers and acting as the senior escalation point for customers.
Required Skills and Experience:
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.