We are working with a world leading Consultancy supporting the build of a new cutting edge Architecture team in London.
The Infrastructure Lead Architect unites IT Infrastructure Technology and project management. As a Lead Architect, you need to be well versed with the latest and upcoming technologies in the IT infrastructure services area.
- Lead the large-scale Transformation programs both from the IT architecture and solution design execution activities
- Act as design authority and provide a single point of technical solution ownership for all the transformation projects in scope
- Work closely with the Transformation Directors, Solution &, Technical Architects, project managers both internal and external.
- Establish relationships with the client architect community and other client senior stakeholders within the client organisation and become a trusted advisor on architectural matters.
The Lead Architect will have a line reporting to Head of IT Architecture and functional reporting to the respective client engagement stakeholders.
- Implement and run internal architectural governance to ensure the solution integrity of services during the transformation programs
- Define Solution blueprints, lead the development of high-level design (HLD) and low-level design (LLD) documents by working jointly with Technical architects and Subject matter experts.
- Review and approve Solution Architecture Solution Design for complete infrastructure solutions that meet customer and application requirements (including HLD & LLD)
- The solution will be based on next-generation IT solutions spanning one or more of the following areas: Digital Workplace, Software Defined Datacentre, Converged Networks, CyberSecurity, Unified Communications, Future Mode Operations including Tooling and Infrastructure Services
- Ensure that infrastructure solutions make the most efficient use of resources, technical and people, to provide the best value to the client
- Provide comprehensive technical and procedural advice and guidance to team members, other domains and customers as required
- Help foster an environment that welcomes new ideas and supports the development of these ideas into fully fledged solution design
- Adhere to client technology governance and project framework
- Be seen as an agent of change within the transformation program organisation. Engage with support teams to create energy for change.
- Help achieve best practice for client infrastructure to ensure infrastructure, support deliverables and components are consistent with agreed designs and address applicable risk and security considerations.
Primary Technical Expertise
- Datacentre compute technologies - HP, VCE, Dell, Cisco and IBM Servers, with x86 experience. Non x86 would be added advantage
- Server virtualisation - one or more virtualisation products using Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX, RHVL
- Operating System - Windows 2008/2012/2016, Win 7/10, Redhat 6/7/x and Ubuntu/CentOS
- Hybrid Cloud management platform - using VMware vRealise Suite or Azure pack, System Centre Suite - SCVMM/SCOM/SCCM/SCO integration with SNOW ITSM, CMDB and Active Directory
- Cloud application assessment and migration to public cloud using various tools
- Storage & Backup - EMC, Symantec, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp
- Database - Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL and NoSQL
- Network and Security - L3 and L2 networking, WAN/LAN/WLAN, NAC/.1x, Load-balancer, Firewall / IDS/IDP, Forward and Reverse Proxy, 2FA, S2S VPN
- Core Infrastructure services - Active Directory, DNS/DHCP, RAS, File and Print services
- Terminal Services - MS RDS Gateway, RDP, Citrix XenDesktop/VDI
- High availability cluster features in Wintel, storage and databases within datacentre and datacentres distributed geographically
- Experience in design and implementation of near zero RPO/RTO DR/BCP solutions
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.