I am looking for an experienced hands-on IT Manager to join our Global Tech team at a well know Finacial Services business.
The IT Manager will be primarily responsible for the Technology support of the firm's offices within Europe and be responsible for managing the local Technology team (based in London). This position is also a member of the Technology Senior Leadership Team for the firm-wide Technology function. The IT Manager will report to the firm's Chief Information Officer.
- Supervising IT staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance.
- Monitoring daily operations, including hardware, software, operating systems, and telephony across multiple sites.
- Assist in defining strategy, architecture and processes for IT Operations and Infrastructure.
- Coordinating installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Selecting and purchasing new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Ensure a solid understanding of the firm's IT Infrastructure and Operations best practices.
- Keep up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Seven years of proven experience IT Infrastructure and Services
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Deep experience with computer networks, administration, and installation.
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface.
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices.
- Largely proficient with various Microsoft platforms (Windows 10, Server, Office, and Office 365).
- Good management, leadership skills, multi-tasking, and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent project management skills.
Blackthorn Trace, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.