Cloud Data Engineer
A Government Organisation are looking for an exceptional individual to be based in the 'Data Services' team to create value from its Data. The team provides (DaaS) through maintaining and developing an enterprise data platform for use by the energy industry. You will be expert at working in cloud environments, such as on Hortonworks and Cloudera based Hadoop clusters. You will be able relate back to previous experiences to engage in discussion with the technical staff and technical design lead.
- Assure that your work and the work of colleagues meets governing standards
- Carry out work facilitating the end-to-end data handling approach through the Data Service platform (defining and communicating technical needs for data collection, ingestion, transformation and calculation)
- Encourage teamwork and communication, especially between Data Engineers, Quality Assurance and Subject Matter Experts
- Ensure principles of privacy and security are assessed and designed into your data solutions
- Have an awareness of the portfolio of data journeys
- Learn and apply best practices for software development
- Work in an agile way and to do so closely with colleagues
- Provide succinct documentation to support knowledge retention and training
- Understanding of software design principles
-Data development process
-Data integration design
-Programming and build
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem, including tools, such as Apache Spark
- Capable with SQL
- Knowledge of Python or other object oriented languages (eg C /Java/Scala)
- Knowledge of Linux
- Willingness to prioritise collaboration and partnering with the team
- Ability and willingness to provide succinct and effective documentation and training for knowledge transfer / retention
- The desire to continuously innovate and bring about improvements to best practice, whether applied directly to technology or to best practice with regulatory data
- Experience working with privacy and information accreditation or assurance teams
- Some experience using agile approaches to working
- Experience in the delivery of solutions capable of:
-Being certified to an information security standard such as ISO27001 or equivalent
-Holding UK Government OFFICIAL-sensitive or equivalent information
-Meeting legal and regulatory requirements such as DPA or GDPR
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.