Cloud Quality Engineer
A Government Organisation are looking for an exceptional individual to be based in the 'Data Services' team to create value from its Data. The team provides (DaaS) through maintaining and developing an enterprise data platform for use by the energy industry.
You will be expert at working in cloud environments, such as on Hortonworks and Cloudera based Hadoop clusters. You will be able relate back to previous experiences to engage in discussion with the technical staff and technical design lead.
- Ensure principles of privacy and security are assessed and designed into your data solutions
- Validate software delivered by Data Engineers against user story requirements
- Generate golden datasets to efficiently stress-test software and assure version control
- Report QA outcomes to Data Engineers and Business Owners
- Write high quality, generalised test datasets and test methods for verifying and validating new functional and non-functional software, enabling automated testing wherever possible
- Develop new and maintain existing functionality to QA testing for the Data Services platform
- Work in an agile way and to do so closely with colleagues
- Provide documentation and training material to support knowledge retention
- Maintain a high quality audit trail of your software testing
- Willingness to constructively challenge the work of others, to ensure high standards are Understanding of Quality Assurance data practices
- Awareness of OWASP top 10 security considerations and associated tools
- Hands-on experience writing unit tests and mocking the data
- Hands on experience to analyse regression reports, automated builds and KPI's
- Experience of Test Driven Development applying pair programming and refactoring principles
- Strong experience of writing BDD acceptance criteria or scenarios
- Participated in full development data lifecycle
- Knowledge of software development experiences
-3 years experience in either JS/Java/C# programming language and must be comfortable to develop Strong experience in SQL/HQL for complicated queries
- automated test framework development from scratch using Python
- Experience of using big data technologies like PySpark/Yarn and Hive
- Experience in working Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience with performance tuning in Hadoop configuration systems to maximise performance
- Knowledge of Business intelligence tools (examples might be QlikSense, Tableau, Domo, etc)
- Experience in accessibility, stress, performance or load testing.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.