Time for you to really put your incident response skills to the test whilst working for a major law firm in the City of London. We are looking for a Senior Incident Response Engineer to work in a team of elite information security professionals responsible for conducting various incident response activities, including monitoring, assessing, and responding to security events in a diverse enterprise environment.
Your expertise will decide how an incident is responded to and you will constantly think of ways to adapt the current processes, tools and procedure for the better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead response efforts addressing alerts from our MDR service and other security technology
- Configure and maintain Network Intrusion Detection Security (IDS)
- Create custom IDS signatures as needed to support incident response processes and to improve overall detection capabilities
- Utilise an EDR platform and full packet capture technologies to hunt for malicious traffic and threats
- Tune out extraneous IDS, SIEM, and other security technology alerting to improve detection reliability. Generate and provide monthly metrics associated with investigation and response efforts
- 6 years' of experience with digital forensics, incident response, or information security analysis
- Experience with using a variety of operating systems including Windows and Linux
- Experience with host-based forensic analysis and techniques
- Experience with creating automated log correlations in IBM Qradar, ELK, Splunk or an equivalent tool used to identify anomalous and potentially malicious behavior
- Knowledge of configuring and implementing technical security solutions, including SIEM, IDAM, IDS/IPS, EDR, vulnerability management or assessment, malware, and forensics
- Ability to perform PCAP analysis
- Good understanding of regular expressions
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable firm who will value your input and experience. They also need you to protect them from the latest threats and will allow you to grow!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.