Blackthorn Trace have partnered with a leading satellite telecommunications company based in Central London to recruit a new Threat Intelligence Analyst with an intelligence analysis background with excellent soft skills in presenting and writing reports. The new Threat Intelligence Analyst will work as part of the Security Operations team to assist in building the Threat Intelligence capability by conducting individual research to identify cybersecurity threats; produce analytical products; and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities of the position
- Team leader within the Security Operations team focused on establishing and delivering a threat intelligence capability.
- Monitor threat and vulnerability news services for any relevant information that may impact infrastructure. Analyze reports to understand threat campaign(s) techniques, lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise (IOCs).
- Compiling and analyzing cyber threat information and making recommendations based on suspected or known context in order to draw insights and conclusions regarding its relative threat to our client, its Business Units, intellectual and physical property, and personnel.
- Producing, editing, and distributing a variety of concise and actionable threat analysis and warning products in written and presentation form to an audience that spans a range of customers from senior company executives to security analysts and system administrators.
- Conducting studies and making recommendations to identify cyber threats; threat vectors; threat actors; and threat trends.
- Identifying and developing threat signatures from all available sources.
- Manage and maintain threat indicators in the threat intelligence platform (TIP).
- Implementing and supporting standard procedures to support security operations, risk management, security engineering, and incident response teams.
- Representing Security Operations at internal and external threat intelligence and cybersecurity forums.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Cyber security professional with solid experience in Threat Analysis and Security Operations.
- Good experience in Trending/Threat Analysis Report Writing.
- University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science / Data Communication.
- Intermediate knowledge of Information Security fundamentals and technologies.
- Certification in any of the following: (CISSP,GIAC,GCIH,GSEC ).
- In depth experience in intelligence analysis, to include open source research and analytical tradecraft. Knowledge of commercial threat intelligence services such as iSight ThreatScape, Anomali ThreatStream, and Recorded Future information sources.
- Knowledge of cyber threat actors, to including advanced persistent threats and associated tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Experience interfacing with government threat intelligence services.
- Willingness to learn new skills and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a team environment, to work under pressure and show flexibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.