Are you looking to take a leap into the Cyber Security world? My client is looking for a Junior Security Analyst to help provide resilience across their Cyber teams to ensure they maintain operational capability in the current security landscape. Our client's network has seen large growth as new offices have begun to open- Hence this hire. You will play a key part in conducting vulnerability assessments and monitoring systems, networks, databases and Web hosted services for potential system breaches. All whilst working in a brand new Security Operations Centre.
- Act as a first line security event analyst monitoring the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) System.
- Provide first line telephone, e-mail and ticket routing services for security event notifications and incident response processes.
- Deliver first level investigation and remediation activities as a member of the Security Incident Response Team. Participate in Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) events: Conduct research and assessments of security events; provide analysis of firewall, IDS, anti-virus and other network sensor produced events; present findings as input to SIRT.
- Participate in a Compliance/Vulnerability Assessment (VA) Scanning Capability. Follow a documented process for routine scanning of the infrastructure and network elements.
- Monitor threat and vulnerability news services for any relevant information that may impact installed infrastructure.
- Create and update security event investigation notes, conduct shift change reports on open cases, and maintain case data in the Incident Response Management platform.
- Document information security operations policies, process and procedures.
- The post will require rotating 24X7 shift work to include daytime, night time, and weekend work.
- A University degree or equivalent in Information Security, Forensics or Computer Sciences.
- A good knowledge on 1st level analysis and interpretation of information from SOC Systems.
- Certifications would be advantageous.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a global organisation and if this sounds like you apply now!
Blackthorn Trace, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.