As a member of the Information Security - Security Operations team you will maintain the confidentiality, availability and integrity of our information and information systems. This will primarily be achieved through identification and mitigation of risk through security systems management and incident management.
As a Information Security Analyst, it is your responsibility to monitor internal and external cyber threats and vulnerabilities to ensure that the clients technical controls are appropriate. It requires rapid response, detection, isolation and remediation of information security incidents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operational support of technical security systems, including; installation, configuration, tuning, coverage, support and maintenance
- To establish and maintain security technical standards, procedures and guidelines
- To provide IT teams with security focused technical support, training and consultancy to ensure compliance with security standards, policies and legislation
- Facilitate a process of continuous improvement in the delivery of security services
- As part of a managed project evaluate products and related technologies that mitigate risk and recommend and support their introduction.
- Retain a working knowledge of related technical areas such as end user computing, database administration and networks
- To enable effective liaison with other technical groups and the coherent protection of their technologies
- To monitor internal and external cyber threats and vulnerabilities and ensure that their technical controls are aligned to these
- Rapid response, detection, isolation and remediation of information security incidents
- Reporting to and informing management of incidents and incident prevention activities
- Produce performance metrics to demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of IT and Security Operations controls
- Develop and operate procedures that counteract potential threats/vulnerabilities
- Support of the IT Change Management Process ensuring that information security risks are identified and addressed
- To provide a focal point for technical information security expertise
- Assist in the rapid execution of information security initiatives by maintaining an appropriate level of prioritisation, focus and persistence in an environment of significant change and growth
- Out of hours support required on a rota basis
Skills and Requirements:
- Thorough understanding of the information security threat landscape, significant risks, technical developments and directions
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential as the jobholder must be able to operate effectively at all levels within
- At least 3 years' in IT Security/IT Operations or equivalent position
- Information Security Incident handling experience
- Proven experience in writing Information Security Standards, procedures and guidelines
- Experience in industry recognised security standard such as ISO or COBIT
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into threats and vulnerabilities and preventative capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- MSc Information Security
- Vendor technology trained (certifications) eg Antimalware, Intrusion prevention, email security management technologies
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.