We are working with a Consultancy looking for a CCIE Network Engineer, specialising in IT Infrastructure Transformation Projects, to support our client, a multi-national company within the Insurance industry.
- Supporting a multi-million pound investment in a range of infrastructure consolidation, upgrade and improvement transformation activities.
- The successful candidate will have substantial experience as a Senior Network Engineer, with extensive experience of network monitoring platforms and tools
- The focus of your role will be to work as a Cisco Network Engineer driving the delivery of these new and enhanced services into the production environment
- A large part of the role will include ensuring smooth integration with the broader IT environment therefore an appreciation of the technical and end user implications of the transformational activities as they relate to infrastructure and core services is required i.e. End User, Network, Directory Services, Security etc.
- Work with technical leads, team managers, service owners, solution owners, IRM and other engineering SMEs to determine product and solution selection while addressing specific business and application needs
- Design and deploy Data Center Networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure and Nexus 9k platforms
- Provide product ownership for the network service, and ensuring continual improvement of that service
- Develop and perform migration from traditional data centre network designs to Cisco ACI.
- Integrate services appliances to Cisco ACI deployments to include Application Delivery Controllers and Firewalls.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Create Low Level Design, High Level Design, Implementation Plan, and Acceptance Test Plan documents.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software and peripheral devices.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- 10 years in a highly technical role that spans multiple disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of current and upcoming technologies / trends
- Basic knowledge of routing and switching technologies
- Certified as CCIE
- Provide technical expertise with regards to the following software and hardware technologies: CISCO WLAN, CISCO LAN, MAN, ACI, SD - WAN, MPLS, VPN, CISCO IPS, QOS, Firewalls, Proxies, F5S, WAN Optimisation, Fibre, Ethernet, Cloud Network Configuration
- Experience configuring and deploying enterprise-class networks including the following products:
- Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k Switches
- Cisco Nexus 9k Switches
- Cisco ASR / ISR Routers
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- F5 Big-IP Appliances
- Citrix Netscaler Appliances
- Check Point Firewalls
- Palo Alto Firewalls
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.