Blackthorn Trace is working with an independent energy regulator to find a DevOps Engineer to play a vital part in maintaining, running and supporting their Azure cloud based infrastructure. Their infrastructure is used for development and test operations in addition to developing and implementing a strategy to create an automated pipeline for the business critical schemes. This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate your knowledge in managing an IaaS/PaaS Azure platform and ways of automating deployments to platforms such as Powershell and the Azure APIs.
- Participate in the planning of work within an agile development environment.
- Design, build and maintain complex cloud based infrastructure and the relevant automated tooling.
- Operational management and support of cloud infrastructure.
- Maintenance and infrastructural support for a range of legacy applications.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- Work with developers to ensure services are appropriately configured for deployment, running and monitoring through an automated process.
- Work with developers to test, debug and troubleshoot application issues and problems within the cloud environments.
- Prioritise and deliver recommendations and improvements in response to infrastructure based incidents.
- Be creative and bring fresh ideas for designing new and user-friendly solutions.
- Advise on product architecture from a deployment perspective. DevOps Engineer (Infrastructure)
Specific skills and capabilities
- Must have a previous Software Development background, preferably in .Net
- Excellent knowledge of the Azure infrastructure including IaaS and IaaC
- Experience in deploying MVC and NodeJS applications and micro services
- Experience deploying Database changes
- Understanding of scripting tools (i.e. Powershell) that can assist in automation of key infrastructure tasks.
- Strong experience using the Azure DevOps/TeamCity/Jenkins/TFS build management and CI server.
- Experience of using Git/bitbucket
- Experience supporting and maintaining a complex, multi-server, microservice driven environment.
- DevOps experience with Terraform and ARM Templates.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.