DevOps Team Lead
Blackthorn Trace have partnered with an innovative organisation that provides real-time sport related data to a large and demanding customer base comprising Sporting Associations, Sports Betting and Media companies. As a Lead DevOps Engineer you will play a key role in advising and supporting our development teams in their DevOps journey. Your primary responsibilities will include supporting and guiding DevOps engineers in your team as well as developers generally in their journey to a cloud based environment, making sure teams gain knowledge in cloud infrastructure, and assisting with monitoring and supporting products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attending DevOps planning and helping guide DevOps pathway of company in collaboration with DevOps Manager
- Representing DevOps in brainstorming and project bootstrap and design sessions
- Plan and brainstorming of new solutions to aid development process and delivery
- High-tech ownership of the local DevOps practice
- Impose rules for cloud, delivery & tooling
- Creating high quality, maintainable, monitored and tested infrastructure and solutions
- Ensuing best practices for DevOps
- Finding problems before they occur and prevent them
- Mentoring of DevOps engineers and developers
- Advanced technical work for new tools
- Ensuring that resolved problems don't reoccur
- Ensuring that DevOps engineers don't use solutions not advised
Required attributes, skills and experience
- Profound understanding of the mechanics of operating systems
- Exceptional understanding of Docker containers, orchestration and registries
- AWS cloud stack mastery
- Capability to design scaleable and well tested solutions
- Infrastructure languages ( such as Cloudformation )
- Solid understanding of monitoring and alerting systems
- CI and build automation
- Understanding of networking & networking protocols, ability to analyse networking traces
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to travel for a week or two at a time
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment within a team
- Several programming languages excluding bash and powershell
- Willingness to learn and explore new technologies
- Excellent understanding of distributed version control (git)
Desirable Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Ideally gitlab-ci, but also jenkins
- nagios, check_mk, influxdb, opsgenie
- Configuration management ( Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS Systems Manager)
- Service discovery ( consul, etcd, zookeeper, others )
- Experience in developing software
- Serverless stack experienc
This role involves line management of staff.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.