With their products constantly evolving and being deployed with a number of the world's best known brand's, a client of Blackthorn Trace are looking to acquire a Junior DevOps engineer based in their London office.
With a focus on intensely developing strategy this opportunity will allow you to demonstrate your expertise as well as being provided with exposure to technical environments that will enable you to gain experience in areas away from those of your primary role.
Our clients DevOps team are transforming the way in which their products are being delivered to their clients. As their DevOps Engineer, you will not only play a key role in the transformation but also in ensuring their strategy isn't just reflected in the way they work but it is a driving behaviour in everything they do.
- Defining and maintaining our environment strategy.
- Ensuring the availability, performance and readiness of our test and pre-production environments to support our release aspirations
- Maintain and enhance our environment monitoring, ensuring we can provide a real time view on availability and performance.
- Develop, own and maintain our environment build automation process.
- Develop, own and maintain our environment backup process.
- Own, track and provide regular updates on all environment issues through to resolution.
- You uphold the principles of DevOps and work constructively to plug gaps where traditional role-orientated silos exist.
Key skills / Requirements
- Experience scripting in PowerShell/Python.
- An in-depth understanding of cloud architecture, environment build and networking (OSI Model, firewalls, proxy, DNS etc.)
- Microsoft SQL Server development/administration experience (e.g. troubleshoot stored procedures and analyse SQL code)
- Experience with the ELK Stack
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting Windows/Linux servers, AD, Web Servers (i.e. IIS, Tomcat)
- Octopus, Teamcity, GIT or similar automation toolset
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams to identify the right environment strategy to achieve our joint goal of Continuous Delivery and Automation.
- Knowledge/interest in Infrastructure as Code (i.e. Terraform, Ansible)
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.