Senior Cyber Security Analyst
We are working with a leading technology and security provider that due to high demand are growing their London Red Team.
You will work with key industry figures, focusing on infra/web testing on government sites, based in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a supportive company, whereby your career will grow along with the business. They will support your personal development with paid courses e.g. CREST, CHECK, TIGER, OSCP.
- Working as an embedded penetration tester, onsite with clients
- Assisting with the establishment and building of a new Red Team
- Analysing diverse sources of technical data to identify suspicious activity or suspected cyber attacks
- Monitoring operational security management systems - ensuring timely detection, investigation and remediation of potential cyber threats
- Using advanced security analytics tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Providing security incident triage and investigation, and management of cyber response processes
- Completing client projects and tasks associated with security monitoring, detection, incident response and security intelligence
- Continually seeking to build a greater understanding of a cyber problem until all the facts have been established
- Creating cyber kill chains and managing investigation timelines
- Perform administrative duties such as creating new types of data enrichment feeds, detection logic and threat intelligence reports
- Demonstrable recent experience working in a penetration testing role in high pressure environments
- CRT - Crest Registered Tester and/or OSCP - Offensive Security Certified Professional
- Ability to read and understand raw system data including security event logs, system logs, application logs, and device logs
- A good knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including the technologies and protocols commonly used in local area and wide area
- Ability to recognise a sophisticated attack, and how to identify patterns within event data, threat intelligence and malware analysis
- A good working knowledge of a variety of security technologies, including network and application firewalls, host-intrusion
- prevention and anti-virus
- Working knowledge of sysadmin for Linux and Windows
- Working knowledge of Pen-testing methodology / common vulnerabilities
- A basic knowledge and of common infrastructure and security architectures
- Experience with vulnerability management tools and methodologies
- Practical knowledge of the Cyber Security threat landscape and current affairs
- BSc in Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering (min 2:1) or equivalent.
- CCT - Certified Web Application Tester and/or CCT - Certified Infrastructure Tester
- Hold or working towards a security certification; SANS (e.g. GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN) or equivalent.
- Relevant TCP/IP network experience, or certifications such as CompTIA Network or CCNA.
- Familiarity with ISO27001 and other security standards
- Red Team experience
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.