We are working with a leading Insurance group who are looking to add to their Cyber Security capability in London. The SOC Analyst will work closely with the Information Security Officer, Infrastructure team and outsourced MSSP. You will have autonomy and be looked towards to help build the Cyber capability for the UK, with a look forward to building a team in the future.
- Monitor Security Operations Centre (SOC) generated security events and alerts
- Perform initial analysis to determine security events and alerts requiring immediate response and escalation
- Triage confirmed security events and alerts, in coordination with Tier 2 and Tier 3 network and infrastructure engineers, following documented procedures
- Develop processes and response procedures to improve overall SOC functions
- Develop, refine, maintain, and regularly test the Incident Response Plan
- Monitor external data sources to maintain currency of information security threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise
- Maintain both internal and external vulnerability scanning tools and report on their findings
- Strong understanding of security and network incident response protocols
- Good understanding of malware, including APT and other emerging threats
- Strong understanding of information security principles as it relates to system, network, internet security (i.e. ports, protocols, system hardening and system functions analysis)
- Indicators of Compromise, understanding malware analysis, VA scanners, SIEM tools
- Sound understanding of networking administration and troubleshooting (e.g. TCP/IP, WAN/LAN and WiFi)
- Good understanding of firewalls and IDS/IPS systems
- Good understanding Citrix platform
- Good understanding of Active Directory
- Intermediate understanding of virtualization
- Intermediate understanding of databases (SQL in particular)
- Desirable qualifications for the role include CompTIA A , CompTIA A , Network , Security , Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC, GCIH, CISSP)
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.