- The Desktop Platform Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership to define and implement improvements to our clients Windows Application Onboarding process.
- This role will involve providing Engineering level support to ensure improvements represent technical best practice and are integrated securely with broader infrastructure components
- The work will involve the end to end packaging process and a detailed appreciation of this and the application integration aspects of Platform Engineering are required, this includes application compatibility, performance analysis etc
- Supporting the design of a suite of improvements to the end to end application onboarding process.
- Reviewing and improving standards as they relate to improvements to the Application Onboarding process, including automation, stability, compatibility and performance
- Defining how the application onboarding process integrates with broader VDI Migration processes and tools
- Delivering automation to assess the impact of applications on the platform from a stability and performance perspective
- Supporting the development of best practice migration processes to minimize the disruption to End Users
- Ensuring appropriate knowledge handover to ensure existing teams within Engineering and Operations
- Representing designs and subsequent change activities to associated teams and governance processes
- Ensuring Designs and related changes meet all security, risk and compliance requirements
- Providing detailed technical documentation as required
- Extensive Engineering (as opposed to pure operations/support) experience related to Platform migrations including Windows 10 and Office 365
- Extensive experience of application integration including:
- Application Packaging
- Application Compatibility and Quality
- Performance analysis and remediation
- Demonstrable experience in complex root cause analysis
- Must have relevant experience in a Global financial organisation
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to work proactively across End Users, senior management and technical stakeholders
- Detailed understanding of related technologies: Windows 10, SCCM, scripting/development, Application Packaging, Migration tools
- Good understanding, to the extent required to support root cause analysis and issue triage, of related infrastructure technologies i.e. Networking, Security etc.
- Understanding of Security, Compliance and Risk considerations as they relate to solution design, implementation and operation within global organizations
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.