We have an opportunity to work for a Cyber Security organisation making a true difference in the Cloud Security domain. If you are an experienced Lead Support Engineer looking to work with cutting edge technology then this could be the perfect opportunity. You will have come from a Service Provider background, thrive coaching junior engineers and acting as the senior escalation point for customers.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential problems in an effort to prevent them from occurring and improve the overall customer experience.
- Approach each case with a goal of ensuring products are performing at an optimal level by addressing any underlying or additional problems uncovered during each customer engagement.
- Diagnose reported problems or configuration issues and recommend possible solutions and drive resolutions through to completion
- Research and duplicate difficult configuration, compatibility or product-defect issues and track results of investigations in appropriate systems
- Escalate to appropriate Product Development Team if no resolution can be found, or for bugs or customized solutions
- Constantly seeks to review and learn from each closed Engineering escalation, seeking to eliminate non-code escalations to Engineering
- Interact with Sales, Engineering and Product Management and participate in bug scrubs and project meetings to coordinate resolutions to customer-specific product issues and overall technical support trends
- Works with Quality Assurance teams to provide real world feedback and identify product bugs
- Provide technical reviews of user documentation, product requirements documents and functional specifications
- Review and provide input to Engineering TOIs that can lead to customer centric and troubleshooting oriented use cases and not just product feature set
- Actively contribute to critical escalation resolution plans, validating next steps and solutions.
- Assist with knowledge-sharing initiatives as well as product release training and documentation
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex systems level technical configuration issues.
- Advanced skills in design, configuration and troubleshooting of Linux server operating systems (RedHat, CentOS or similar UNIX flavours such as Solaris) and
- Extensive experience with design, deployment and integration of Windows Server Operating System 2003/2008/2008R2, preferably in an Enterprise environment and
- Extensive experience with the design, configuration and troubleshooting of common MTAs such as Sendmail, Qmail, Postfix and common Email Server Applications such as Exchange, Lotus Notes
- In-depth understanding of common anti-spoofing techniques such SPF, DKIM, DMARC
- Experience in MSSQL Server, Oracle, DB2 or other database
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash/Shell
- Experience in the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of Active Directory or other directory services such as OpenLDAP, Novell eDirectory, Sun One or iPlanet
- Advanced experience in Network principles, including experience with Routers, Switches, and/or Firewalls as well as advanced experience with routing protocols, IP addressing (Subnetting) and general LAN/WAN principles including TCP/IP, DNS/DHCP,
- Advanced experience with SSL/TLS protocols (Structure, certificates, initial handshake, etc.) and email encryption methods and applications.
- Enterprise applications, including performance, interaction, and conflict/troubleshooting, with an in-depth understanding of server operating systems such as Linux and Windows
- Experience in system integration and multi-vendor environments
- Experience with virtual and cloud based platforms
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.