We are looking for a Security Design Specialist to join our client who are undergoing a massive transition. They are looking to transform their security posture and bring in a specialist team of Architects to assist them. It will be down to you and the team to ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of the system whilst providing technical security advice. You will also have a say in future tooling's and systems used and how to improve security processes in the future.
- Responsible for technical assurance of security systems, infrastructure, applications and solutions, aligned to IT strategy and security standards
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining security standards, processes, procedures and guidelines related to security architecture and Technical Design Authority process
- Provide IT teams with security focused technical consultancy to ensure compliance with security policies, standards and regulations
- Input into RFI and RFP technology/vendor selection, ensuring solutions embed and meet security requirements and are secure by design.
- Contribute to/and implement strategies for embedding relevant security policies and security technical standards in projects and services
- Ownership of the design and configuration requirements for operational security systems and platforms
- Responsible for continuous improvement of security services and contribution to the security architecture roadmap
- Retain a working knowledge of related security technical areas such as; application, network and host, to enable effective liaison with other technical groups and protection of Sensitive Information.
- Produce and disseminate management information in relation to security technical architecture, technical assurance of projects and all associated solutions
- Establish mechanisms, behaviours and culture to encourage the protection of their information and information systems.
- Work closely with enterprise architects, solution architects, technical architects and other senior IT designers to ensure all services are 'Secure by Design'
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- A thorough understanding of the security threat landscape, significant risks, technical developments and directions.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a security architecture team
- Depth of experience in IT Technical Security, including time as a security senior practitioner
- Experience of security systems and controls, including, vulnerability management, web content filtering, intrusion prevention, SIEM, email security, DLP, NAC, IAM, O365, AWS, SDLC, SDLC, SAST, DAST, SecDevOps tool chain and Web Application Firewalls
- Ability to harness the commitment and contribution of team members outside of direct span of control
- Ability to conduct research into security technical platforms and evaluate capabilities
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence decisions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with patterns, practices and frameworks of Enterprise Architecture
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Architecture Professional (CISSP-ISSAP)
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
This is an exciting opportunity to join our
Blackthorn Trace, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.