Blackthorn Trace has partnered with one of the UK's largest airline firms that led the way by being the first airline to bring their security functions completely in house. As a member of the wider security team you will maintain the confidentiality, availability and integrity of their information and information systems. The security engineer will primarily manage, implement, maintain and configure operational security systems and technical security services.
- Responsible for the management, implementation, maintenance and configuration of operational security systems and security service capabilities, aligned to IT strategy and security standards
- Responsible for the provision of technical security services
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and using security engineering standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Provide IT teams with security focused technical support and consultancy to ensure compliance with security policies, standards and regulations
- Responsible for continuous improvement for operational security services and contribution to the security engineering roadmap
- Retain a working knowledge of related security technical areas such as; application, network and host, to enable effective liaison with other technical groups and protection of our clients information
- Develop and operate technical standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Produce and disseminate management information in relation to security services, platforms, and the performance and availability of technical information security systems
- Out of hours support required on a rota basis
- Experience of security engineering systems and controls, including, vulnerability management, web content filtering, intrusion prevention, SIEM, email security, DLP, NAC, IAM, O365 and AWS
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ITIL v3
- Vendor technology certifications e.g. AWS, SIEM, vulnerability management, web content filtering, intrusion prevention, email security management
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's largest airlines that really do live and breathe security! If this sounds like a company, you would like to work for then please apply today!
Blackthorn Trace, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.