Security Operations Administrator/Engineer
Are you looking for a position of importance? My client is looking for a Security Operations Administrator/Engineer to help provide resilience across their Cyber teams to ensure they maintain operational capability in the current security landscape. In This role you will be supporting the networks and the data communications network, which provides data communications to various sites and systems as part of Business Infrastructure and Revenue earning systems. This is a highly technical role but one of vital importance to the day to day running of our clients business.
- Integrate a variety of programs and associated infrastructure elements with the SOC services technology infrastructure.
- Develop and implement appropriate system administrative processes and procedures to ensure the systems remain compliant with ISO27001/2, and NIST 800-53 security control frameworks.
- Provide administration duties for the SOC infrastructure systems to include account management, system configuration, patching and updates, rule tuning, system backups, and hardware replacement.
- Monitor system performance and function, troubleshoot issues, and take necessary break fix actions for system recovery.
- Maintain system design, inventory and asset configuration documentation.
- Daily administration, rules tuning, and log sources management of the SIEM, Incident Response Management platform, and Vulnerability Management infrastructure.
- Provide support to the Endpoint Security Specialist in managing and configuring AV, EDR, DLP and HIPS tools.
- Conduct maintenance and improvement of the SOC dashboards (and associate indexing engines) and visualization systems running on dynamic multi-screen setup.
- Administration of the Systems Monitoring tool for hardware and software faults.
- Carry out regular administration activities on all SOC infrastructure tools: account management, configuration management, backup and restore, DR simulations, updates and upgrades, End-of-Life hardware and software refresh.
- Act as secondary point of contact for issues associated with all the tools and platforms, troubleshooting and escalate to the Vendors when required, with some on-shift patterns.
- Act as escalation point for issues associated with all the tools and platform, troubleshooting and escalate to the vendors when required.
- Implement and support the SOC systems configuration management and change control plans.
This is a unique opportunity to be apart of a global organisation and if this sounds like you apply now!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.