Senior Security Operations Engineer
Are you looking for a position of importance? My client is looking for a Senior Security Operations Engineer to help provide resilience across their Cyber teams to ensure they maintain operational capability in the current security landscape. In This role you will be supporting the networks and the data communications network, which provides data communications to various sites and systems as part of Business Infrastructure and Revenue earning systems. This is a highly technical role but one of vital importance to the day to day running of our client's business.
- Integrate a variety of our clients group programs and associated infrastructure elements with the soc services technology infrastructure
- Supporting our client's cyber security operations tools stack and associated services both on-prem and cloud-based
- Develop and implement appropriate system administrative processes and procedures to ensure the systems remain compliant with iso27001/2, and nist 800-53 security control frameworks
- Provide administration duties for the corporate infrastructure systems to include account management, system configuration, patching and updates, rule tuning, system backups, and hardware replacement
- Monitor system performance and function, troubleshoot issues, and take necessary break fix actions for system recovery
- Maintain system design, inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Improve and rationalize distributed siem deployments made of off-the-shelf and bespoke tools / platforms for events and flow monitoring
- Scale and deploy the vulnerability management infrastructure to cover 50 remote sites
- Management and enhancement of event indexing, normalization and visualization tools on a global scale
- Daily administration, rules tuning of av, dlp, edr, hips, idam, pam, waf and other security systems
- Provide support to the endpoint security specialist in managing and configuring av, edr, dlp and hips tools
- Conduct maintenance and improvement of the above-mentioned systems
- Carry out regular administration activities on all infrastructure tools: account management, configuration management, backup and restore, dr simulations, updates and upgrades, end-of-life hardware and software refresh
- Act as secondary point of contact for issues associated with all the tools and platforms, troubleshooting and escalate to the vendors when required, with some on-shift patterns
- Act as escalation point for issues associated with all the tools and platform, troubleshooting and escalate to the vendors when required
- Implement and support the soc systems configuration management and change control plans
- The post will require some travel to our client's remote offices, work during maintenance windows and being on-call as part of a team to provide out of office support
This is an amazing opportunity to join a FTSE company that have Security at the heart of their company!
Blackthorn Trace, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.