Blackthorn Trace are working with a managed service security provider looking to hire an experienced SOC Analyst to work within a small but rapidly growing team of Analysts.
With an entrepreneurial mind set, you will bring with you key attributes that help the whole business continue to grow and become a key leader in safeguarding the SME market.
This is a green field opportunity working with the Director and Team Leader to assist in developing and maturing the operational capabilities of a SOC, with ongoing mentoring, training and development opportunities.
- Provide first, second and third line technical resolution for security alerts and SOC service requests.
- Manage alerts and incidents through the incident lifecycle within the ticketing system.
- Interface with clients in incident identification, remediation and resolution.
- Resolve or escalate identified incidents.
- Provide a timely and efficient service to customers.
- Stay abreast of current vulnerabilities, exploits and threat actors.
- Assist in on boarding and configuring new customers.
- Be comfortable working within a 24x7 environment.
- Write white papers and thought leadership blogs on current security events - become a thought leader
- Understanding of TCP/IP, network protocols and information security is essential.
- Understanding of and experience of using Linux is essential.
- Understanding of attacker tools, tactics and procedures is essential.
- 24x7 NOC/SOC experience, experience of working for a MSSP is highly desirable.
- Programming / shell scripting experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of configuring and implementing technical security controls (firewalls, IDS, AV) desirable.
- SANS courses such as 511, 503, 501, 504, 506, 401 preferred.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.