Do you want to respond to real time events that require SC clearance in a state of the art SOC? We are looking for a Threat Analyst to join my client in Reading to help detect, analyse and respond to the latest security threats.
- Review of threat Intelligence alerts
- Creation and upload of IOC lists
- Create searches and notification rules in data gathering tools
- Liaise with wider teams for TI gathering
- Creation of Threat Intelligence reports
- Perform ad-hoc Intelligence searches as requested
- Responsible for working in a Security Operation Center (SOC) environment
- Responsible for leading and coaching a number of people within the team
- Procedure creation and continuous improvement
- The SOC team's goal is to detect, analyse, and respond to cybersecurity incidents using a combination of cutting edge technology and a strong set of processes.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes and can apply these to incidents investigations and management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Knowledge of Mitre ATT&CK framework
- Knowledge and hands on experience of IP networks and their key components
- Ability to apply non standard processes to incidents and investigations
- A genuine enthusiasm and drive to work within Cyber Security
- Motivated and ambitious to work on your own initiative without needing direction
- Knowledge of Security management, network and information security, people security and running of one or more services within a Security Operations Centre.
- Recent experience working within an IT/IP network based environment
- CompTia Network , Security , CSA and/or CEH or equivalent
- Experience working in a customer facing environment
- Experience leading and coaching a team of technology professionals.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.