As a member of the Information Security - Security Operations team (InfoSec SecOps); you will maintain the confidentiality, availability and integrity of our information and information systems. This will primarily be achieved through identification and mitigation of risk through security systems management and incident management.
Reporting to the Head of IT Security this role leads a team of Security Support Analysts, Threat and Vulnerability Managers along with Security Engineers. It's also has accountability for the strategic relationship of several Security 3rd party suppliers.
- Manage, lead and develop a high-performing team of security analysts and a vulnerability manager
- Accountable for ensuring the team is adequately resourced and skilled to meet demand and 24 x 7 cover
- Accountable for the delivery of a security operations capability and recommending operational security improvements to other IT teams.
- Ensure clear strategies are in place for embedding operational security controls, aligned to relevant security policies and technical standards
- Produce and disseminate management Information in relation to security incidents and the performance of technical Information Security controls
- Manage all Security Operations 3rd Parties in ensuring they deliver value for money.
- Lead the investigation and resolution of security incidents, root cause analysis and service improvements
- Prepare reporting material for periodic security groups
- Lead and direct the team and other IT areas to address timely remediation of identified vulnerabilities
- Monitor security threats and known vulnerabilities to ensure that appropriate operational security controls are working effectively to prevent, detect and respond to security events and alerts
- Demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of security operational controls, and ensure that security control performance is optimal
- Develop and operate processes and procedures that counteract potential threats and vulnerabilities
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences;
- A thorough understanding of the Information security threat landscape, significant risks, technical developments and directions.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills are essential.
- Depth of experience in IT Technical Security, including time as a security principle practitioner
- Experience of managing a managed security service provider
- Experience of using forensic investigative techniques
- Experience of using threat intelligence systems and services
- Experience of vulnerability management
- Direct experience of leading a security operations team
- Experience of leading response and management of security incidents
- Demonstrable experience in the identification and implementation of information security technical controls
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ITIL v3
- SFIA. level 5, Master
- IISP. Level 5, Principle Practitioner
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.