Are you looking to work for one of the longest standing companies in the UK who live and breathe security? A company that will reflect your passion? My client is looking for a SOC Analyst who will be working in a secret location and who will deal with secret breaches and information.
You will be working alongside a large security team and will have scope to transfer to many different sections within the company should this be of interest. You must be eligible for a SC/DV clearance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- Analyse and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends
- Provide support to the communication of relevant IT security procedure and/or process as relevant
- To support delivery of aspects of an IT and/or Network Security procedure or processes, operations and architectural solution or security build
- Completes assigned elements of IT security risk assessments and compliance audits
- Manages where applicable team members to ensure high performing and well-motivated people delivering a specific function or service
- Resolve and take ownership of customer incidents attending technical and service management bridge calls as required
- Participate in the drafting of quality technical and incident reports as well as recommendations to the management team
- Key role in passing on knowledge and skills across the operational support teams
- Undergo additional training to match operational requirements and equipment
- Provide support to the Service Management Teams (Capacity, Availability, Release, Information Security)
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience working in a SOC, with knowledge of attack vectors, tactics and techniques
- Networking, Windows and Linux knowledge
- Industry Recognised Qualification from bodies such as COMPTIA or (ISC)2 or GIAC or equivalent experience would be desirable.
- Experience of 1st line incident detection, hunting and response as well as the ability to analyse and manage response activities Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and experience with technical security solutions (SIEM firewall and intrusion detection systems)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively, to deliver on agreed deadlines
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.