Blackthorn Trace have partnered with a FTSE250, leading Technology, Space and Defence company based in the South of England with flexible location offerings. This rare opportunity is for a Senior SOC Analyst / SOC Team Lead to join and help manage their Security Operation Centre (SOC). You will oversee the monitoring, investigation and resolution of network security, security incidents and to identify malicious activity. You will supervise and ensure the coordination of the SIRT with mock events and rehearsals to ensure your team of Analysts are well prepared.
You will have technical expertise in Information and Network Security including:
- Administration of Carbon Black Endpoints, LogRhythm SIEM management and Nexpose.
- Understanding of Ethical Hacking concepts.
- Understanding of Network Routing, TCP/IP and Network Security.
- 2 years of SOC or MSSP experience with an in-depth technical background.
- Strong analytical and investigation skills.
- Ability to communicate IT, Networking and Security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience.
- Experience with automated Incident Response tools (Sysmon, Carbon Black, etc), packet capture and analysis and network forensics.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading, managing and guiding the SOC Analysts in intrusion prevention and detection.
- Leading, managing and guiding the SOC Analysts in event analysis to determine the cause, purpose and outcome of security events.
- Supervise the conduct of network and operating system forensics.
- Leading the incident response events to co-ordinate and resolve security events and escalate security incidents accordingly.
What we are offering:
- Competitive salary package.
- Flexible work locations.
- Training budget.
- Opportunity to lead and grow a team.