Are you a SQL Administrator looking for a new challenge? Have you got a keen interest to pursue a career in Data Architecture?
I have partnered with an established and very successful estate agent, who are looking for a skilled SQL Database Administrator to join their solid and ambitious team. In this role you would be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of critical SQL Server systems.
The ideal candidate would possess 2-3 years' experience in a similar role, enjoy being hands on and seeking a role where interacting with internal teams and stakeholders is as important to them as the technical element. You will enjoy working both collaboratively as well as independently and confident working at pace.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Manage SQL Server databases through product life-cycle environments, from development to production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes with an aim to ensure high levels of performance, availability and security
- Independently analyse, solve and correct issues in real time
- Manage upgrades from installation, through testing and into production
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment out of working hours
- Apply data modelling techniques and assist the application architects in designing new features and project work
- Assist the development team with query tuning and sharing of technical expertise
Technical skills required:
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant subject or relative industry experience
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration experience
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimisation
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience with SQL Clustering, High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Experience working with Windows server and Active Directory
This is a fantastic opportunity that will allow you to work with multiple divisions within the business. This company encourage flexible working as well as working from home. However, please note the first eight weeks of employment will be on site for training and development purposes.
Do you think you have what it takes to be the next SQL Database Administrator? Keen to find out more?
Send a copy of your CV directly to Louise.firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Alternatively, please apply today.
Blackthorn Trace, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.