Do you want to work for a company who have lived and breathed security for generations? Our client is looking for a Technical Cyber Security Engineer to help develop an Innovation focused Cyber Team! You will be involved in Top Secret projects in Top Secret locations, something every security professional dreams of.
Must be able to gain an SC Clearance.
- As a Technical Cyber Security Engineer you will provide expertise & consultancy in the technical security arena.
- This will include hardware & software vulnerability identification and testing, vulnerability & threat analysis, and threat hunting & system hardening/remediation.
- You will additionally be required to provide consultancy & reports back to key stakeholders, including senior leaders and customer liaisons.
- Software & hardware vulnerability testing - Using a specialised technical vulnerability assessment toolset you will be expected to identify, test and remediate vulnerabilities within both hardware and software.
- Vulnerability & threat analysis - Using a variety of tooling you will be expected to keep on top of new threats and methods of remediation
- Threat hunting & platform remediation - You will need to be able to locate, understand and develop IoCs and using these IoCs analyse the estate to understand where the vulnerabilities lie. Upon completion of these exercises you will be expected to assist with the development of remediation plans, including detailed instructions on how to mitigate the vulnerability.
- Technical security toolset development - You will use your skill set to ensure the tooling is always up to date and improved!
- Windows & Linux OS vulnerability assessment & security testing experience
- Experience of vulnerability assessment testing tools such as:
- Firewall/Gateway assessment experience for multiple vendors, such as: Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, etc.
- Experience of scripting/programming languages such as: Python, C, Java, etc.
- Experience understanding and working with various hardening standards (STIG/CIS/Vendor specific/etc.)
- NIDS/NIPS/HIDS/HIPS/SIEM assessment experience
- Understanding of the attackers exploit chain methodology
- Architecture Design interpretation to exploitation strategy skills
If you are an engineer looking to work for a client who values security and will allow you to grow then apply now.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.