Are you looking for a position of importance? My client is looking for a Technical Security Architect to help provide resilience across their Cyber teams to ensure they maintain operational capability in the current security landscape. In This role you will be there to support the services which provides data communications to various sites and systems as part of Business Infrastructure and Revenue earning systems. This is a highly technical role but one of vital importance to the day to day running of our client's business.
- Develop and maintain a security architecture process that enables the enterprise to develop and implement security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology, threat and customer drivers
- Develop security strategy plans and roadmaps based on sound enterprise architecture practices
- Develop and maintain security architecture artifacts (e.g., models, templates, standards and procedures) that can be used to leverage security capabilities in projects and operations
- Track developments and changes in the digital business and threat environments to ensure that they're adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts
- Participate in application and infrastructure projects, and commercial product/service development activities to provide security design and consultancy advice
- Draft security procedures and standards to be reviewed and approved
- Determine baseline security configuration standards for operating systems (e.g., OS hardening), network segmentation, identity and access management (IAM) and cyber products and services
- Develop standards and practices for data encryption and tokenization in the organization, based on the organization's data classification criteria
- Conduct or facilitate threat modeling of services and applications that tie to the risk, data and industry drivers associated with the service or application
- Validate IT infrastructure and other reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risks, where applicable
- Validate security configurations and access to security infrastructure tools, including firewalls, IPSs, WAFs and anti-malware/endpoint protection systems for both internal and commercial utilisation
- Review network segmentation to ensure least privilege for network access
- Liaise with the Procurement team to conduct security assessments of existing and prospective vendors, especially those with which theorganization shares intellectual property (IP), as well as regulated or other protected data:
- Software as a service (SaaS) providers
- Cloud/infrastructure as a service (IaaS) providers
- Managed service providers (MSPs)
- Payroll providers
- Evaluate the statements of work (SOWs) for these providers to ensure that adequate security protections are in place. Assess the providers' SSAE 16 SOC 1 and SOC 2 audit reports (or alternative sources) for security-related deficiencies and required "user controls" and report any findings to the Director, Security Engineering and Procurement teams
- Support the testing and validation of internal and commercial security controls, as directed by the Director, Security Engineering
- Review security technologies, tools and services, and make recommendations to the broader security and product development teams for their use, based on security, financial, operational and commercial metrics
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials, is desired.
- Formal training in a relevant enterprise architecture methodology (for example, the Zachman Framework or TOGAF).
- Strong combined IT and security work experience, with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multiplatform environments.
- Knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms, including datacenter, networks, cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS), micro-services and emerging/maturing technology platforms.
- Experience in using an enterprise architecture methodology (for example, Zachman, TOGAF and Gartner frameworks).
- Knowledge of a security-specific architecture methodology (for example, SABSA).
- The role is involved in projects or issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global organisation and to find out more apply today!
Blackthorn Trace, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.