Our client a leading Cloud Hosting provider based in Hertfordshire are rapidly growing and looking for experienced Cloud Support Engineers to join their Operational team. You will work alongside VCP certified Engineers supporting a variety of clients managed cloud services hosted in data centres across the South East. This client is a big believer in personal development for their Engineers, you will get relevant courses fully paid for e.g. VCP or JNCIA.
- You will work 3 days in the week and 2 days on the weekend with a financial uplift
- Our client is looking for both 1st and 2nd line Cloud Engineers
- The Cloud Engineers have overall responsibility for the delivery of technical projects, including delivery of new technical services and provisioning of customer services.
- You will also take an active role in delivery of the Service Desk where customers interact by phone, email and a web portal.
- This person is also an escalation point for technical issues arising from the 24/7 service desk.
- Manage and participate in problem management at 2nd/3rd line escalation.
- Be an authority for the change management process.
- Engage with 3rd party support suppliers to ensure OLA's that underpin customer SLA's are maintained.
- Ensure customer technical documentation is maintained.
- Manage scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Manage technical risks to customer platforms.
- Involvement in the planning and provisioning of new services.
- Prepare & present migration plans to senior staff
- Ensure the systems are running at peak performance levels and are maintaining a high level of availability.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Server or Linux OS
- Proven track record in delivering IT solutions within a Managed Service environment
- Experience delivering and building virtualised platforms
- Experience supporting shared storage infrastructure
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl, PHP, VBScript etc.)
- Experience supporting backup technologies
- Experience working with ITIL based service desk
- Experience with vCloud Director & vSphere
- VMware Certified
- Experience supporting databases (MS SQL server, MySQL, Oracle or other)
- Understanding of DoS/DDoS attacks and mitigation techniques
- Experience of supporting an enterprise monitoring and alerting platform
- Experience of designing and maintaining disaster recovery solutions
To work for a leading Cloud organisation based in Hertfordshire, give us a call on 02077597878 or email email@example.com
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.