My Client, an exciting multinational technology company, is seeking a Splunk Administrator for a minimum 6 month contract engagement. SC clearance is a pre-requisite.
Based in Hampshire, the Splunk Administrator's responsibility will be the build and support of the Splunk environment. The Splunk Administrator will administer and configure the Enterprise Splunk monitoring suites, application performance management tools and log correlation tools to ensure system up-time. The successful candidate will also provide system performance analysis, and troubleshooting for production Windows server environment.
This will be your chance to serve as a Subject Matter Expert and support the IT Operations monitoring team.
There is also an attractive daily rate up for offer.
- Design system solutions and implement new features whilst resolving complex incidents and problems.
- Administer Splunk users and roles.
- Create advanced searches, reports, dashboards and visualizations.
- Create field aliases, lookups, and calculated fields.
- Create and manage alerts.
- Implement and configuring index and source types as well as Splunk Apps.
- Install and manage forwarders, indexers, search heads.
- Create and manage configuration files like inputs props, transforms, and lookups.
- Deploy, configure and update Indexers, Search Heads, Heavy Forwarders, and Universal Forwarders
- Configure/optimize current Indexer configuration, Search Heads/Search Head Clusters, Deployment server & Monitoring Console.
- Configure/optimize current storage as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Technology, Management Information Systems preferred.
- Must have three (3) years' experience in Splunk Systems Administration enterprise level environment.
- Experience with managing a Splunk in a windows environment.
- Linux administration or Splunk cloud administration experience.
- Experience with planning for future Splunk growth, either on premise or cloud.
- Splunk Certification is preferred but not essential.
- SIEM knowledge is a plus.
- Must have strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows server administration.
- Must have working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Must have general understanding of IT network and security procedures and standards.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with a wide range of personnel.
- Must have working knowledge of infrastructure management software such as VMWare vSphere, Hyper V, Citrix, Veeam and the like.
- Must have working knowledge of server administration such as Microsoft Windows Active Directory, System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), Systems Centre Operations Manager (SCOM), IIS, Windows updates, backups, and reboots.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.